Proofing Options at MGTL
MGTL offers a number of off-press proofing options, most of which can be mounted and/or laminated for display purposes.
- Oris color proofs: Contract proofs calibrated to SWOP standards. Sizes to 30" x 42".
- Iris digital bluelines (low resolution): Sizes to 30" x 40" can be imaged in register on both sides.
- Inkjet display proofs (high resolution): Sizes to 48" x 96". We stock 3/16" biodegradable white foam board along with other mounting substrates.
- Color laser proofs: Sizes to 12" x 18" printed on 32# bond. For comps and preliminary proofs for content. Printed one side only.
- Color digital prints: Short-run digital printing. Sizes to 12.5" x 19"; prints one or both sides on stock weights up to 14 point cover.
Printing out of state or overseas? The MGTL pre-press department can provide a number of services to assure your files are print ready before they are sent to the vendor. Please contact us for additional information or an estimate.
Paper samples and mockups: Before you build your files, MGTL can create a paper dummy for reference. This is an important first step on projects that will be die-cut, folded or perfect-bound.
Digital inkjet mockups: To verify that multi-page brochures or die cut pieces such as presentation folders are correct, we can produce a two-sided low-resolution color inkjet that is trimmed and folded to size.
Pre-flight: MGTL can analyze your file with our preflight software and provide a report. Missing fonts, missing or low-res images and incorrect or unwanted colors are just a few of the parameters we check.
Color halftone proofs: Verify color with patch or overall color contract proofs.
Digital color proofs: Spreads or single pages up to 17" x 11" can be printed 2-sided on our 12.5 x 19" digital press to create a one-off book. Stock can be coated or uncoated and up to 14 points thick. This is an great way to preview and proofread your project before sending to a vendor, and makes an excellent reference proof to send with your disk.
Print-ready PDF files: MGTL can process your native application files to a print-ready PDF for your vendor.