Paper: NCR (Carbonless)
NCR (No Carbon Required) paper is a multi-part form paper system uniquely coated to transmit images from one ply to subsequent plies, with manual or mechanical pressure, without using carbon paper. NCR paper is coated with millions of microcapsules and resin that enables the transfer of an image from writing or mechanical pressure without the use of a carbon medium.
- Paper Size: 8.5" x 11" (letter) and 8.5" x 14" (legal) are the standard sizes. Larger paper is available, but it is designed to efficiently cut down to either letter or legal size. This paper size limitation makes bleeds impractical in terms of cost.
- Form Sets: Available in 2-, 3-, 4-, 5- and 6-part pre-collated sets.
- Standard Colors: White, Blue, Green, Canary, Pink and Goldenrod.
- Special Color Sequence: Color sequences not available in pre-collated sets are much more expensive to produce.
- Collating Sequence: Available either "Straight" or "Reverse" collated. Normally ordered in "Reverse" sequence for printing so colors are in correct order when they come off the press.
- CB (Coated Back): The top sheet of the form.
- CFB (Coated Front and Back): The middle sheet(s) of the form.
- CF (Coated Front): The bottom sheet of the form.
- Gluing: A special glue compound is used. Sets separate wherever two uncoated surfaces meet (CB to CF).
- Margins: Hold image in 1/4" on all 4 sides. At least one edge must have 1/2" margin for the press gripper.
- Bleeds: They are possible, but expensive because of the inefficient use of paper.
- Printing on Back: Light ink or screened type and images are recommended as heavy ink coverage can interfere with the writing or typing transfer from one sheet to the next.