Mount/Wrap/Laminate Printed Sheets
- Litho sheets must be protected with a coating when mounted or wrapped.
- Foam or Gator board are typically used for displays; chipboard for folding cartons.
Gluing a printed sheet to a substrate. Some common substrates are:
- Chip board; light weight, inexpensive.
- Foam board (white and black, 3/16"), not as rigid as Gator® board. MGTL stocks white biodegradable foam board.
- Gator® board (white and black; 3/16" or 1/2"); rigid but much heavier than foam board.
- Sintra® (12 colors, 1mm to 19mm thicknesses); light weight, flexible PVC substrate.
Laminating: Process of gluing 10- or 12-point printed board to single-face corrugated. Note that laminating a printed sheet to a substrate and film lamination are two different processes.