Envelopes with special design elements such as bleeds, tight registration, heavy coverage, embossing or foil stamping, or use of a paper not readily available as a pre-made envelope, can be printed on a flat sheet and then converted into a finished envelope.
- Extend bleed edges 1/8”.
- There may be some variance at the bleed edge due to converting tolerances.
- Special envelope sizes or flaps require custom dies.
- No ink on glue areas.
- Heavy ink coverage requires a varnish or aqueous coating to avoid marring during the converting process.
- Standard production time for the converting process is five working days.
- Converted envelopes are more cost-effective in larger quantities.