Wire-O® (Double Wire) Binding System
Wire-O® is the registered name for a double loop wire binding system developed by James Burn over 60 years ago. It is also referred to as double-O or double wire binding. In the Wire-O binding process the text and cover are punched along the binding edge with a series of slotted holes. A specially formed wire is then inserted into the slots and compressed closed. Ideal for short run books, calendars, manuals, etc.
- Start with a paper dummy to determine final thickness, allowance for wire on left margin, etc.
- Allow a minimum of 5/8" margin between the spine edge and copy.
- Thicker books require a larger left margin to allow for the wire.
- 1.25" Wire-O is maximum, and will handle books up to 1.125" thick
- Check on availability of wire color early in the design process.
Please check with MGTL for availability on the colors marked with (*).
- Silver (plain wire)
- Red (PMS 193)
- Blue (PMS 288)
- Gray (PMS 431)*
- Green (PMS 343)*
- Gold (PMS 875)*
- Semi-Concealed Wire-O: